This is a beautiful funding mechanism for funding of Startups/New and Innovative ideas/New Ventures undertaken by any person. We assist them in getting the intial funding from different individual investors. The amount of funding varies from Rs.1 lac to Rs.25 lacs. This is a funding at the crystallization of new ideas. The amount of money is usually relatively small because the business is still in the idea or conceptual stage.
Seed Funding can also be termed as seed capital. Here an investor invests in the new ventures or start ups and in exchange commands equity share in the Company. The funding will be relatively small as the Company is a new venture. It is an high risk investment for the investor. MAA Capital Solutions steps in here and helps the new entrepreneur to find a suitable seed funding investor.
Procedural Aspects For Seed Funding
1. A prospective client who is looking for some investors to invest in his project or new venture has to prepare a small write up of his business to be presented before the investors. He can include the following points in the said write up: Company Profile
Promoters bio data
Management and the technical team of the Company
Company’s financials for the last three years highlighting the present sales and profit figures. ( Top Line and Bottom Line)
Present additional requirements of his funds
What the Company is going to do and how it is going to invest the additional inflow of funds
Percentage of Equity/preference/any other mode of holding which the Company is going to offer to the investors
2. Once this Detailed project is prepared the same is pitched before the prospective investors
3. Prospective investors will meet the promoter of the Company person to see his
Dedication and passion for the business
His Management and technical team
New ideas if any
4. The investors have their own panel of experts who study the document and give the consent within 7 days.
5. If the decision to invest in the client’s business is positive then further discussions will take place regarding the following aspects:
Phases of investments as to how the client needs the funds , at one go or in instalments.
Exit route for the investors with a term period of 4 to 5 years
6. Finally documentation part will be affected :
Detailed shareholders agreement will be prepared which includes the details of rights and duties of the client as well as the investor.
Term sheet is prepared which includes the investment pattern as well as the exit route for the investors.
Under Seed Funding and Angel Funding the investor may appoint a Mentor from his side to help the promoter.
Under Venture Capital Funding and Private Equity, one Board seat will be given to the investor for appointing a person on his behalf.